Tuesday, June 12, 2012

EMBROIDERERS GUILD TALK

I was approached by Chelford Embroiderers Guild to give a talk at the back end of last year and before I knew it I said 'Yes'. I started the process of writing the talk about 2 months before the due date of 16th May. It was a most enjoyable task as I visited many memories that made up my life and realised how rich it had been both emotionally and creatively. These aspects helped to minimise the negative physical blips in my life. Having taught for 30 years meant that the presentation held no worries for me but the content was the issue. I suppose most of us don't consider ourselves as experts and tend to hide our achievements making excuses before we even show our work. The ladies at Chelford were very welcoming and I was kept talking for over half an hour at the end with many members exchanging email addresses.
For a picture of the night go to http://chelfordstitchers.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/margaret-steeden-moving-on-may-2012.html this was a piece of machine embellished velvet that is covered in bits from my bit box, I will do something with it one day!!!!

Busy at the moment preparing for Holmfirth at the end of the month, I have been making brooches this year from wool and charms, hopefully post some pics when finished. Also for Silk-n-Threads' exhibition at Bradbury House also at the end of the month. http://silk-n-threads.blogspot.co.uk/

Busy Month!!!!!!!

No comments: