Wednesday, February 14, 2007

First Post - Paisley Sampler

After much deliberation I have finally sorted out this blog page. It has taken me so long that I have not managed to finish a project for the local Embroiderers Guild. It is due tomorrow so tonight might be a long one. Each member was given the same paisley design and had to embroider it in one or many stitches as they wanted. I am in to metallic threads at present hence the choice of rich burgundy and gold. The introduction of some orange was to add a dash of complementary colour, not sure where else I will put it yet.

The design was marked out with a fading pen on a predyed cotton that had a variegated effect


Close up of tail of paisley design, the fronds are created by buttonhole stitch in two different shades of stranded thread.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well it is good to also see your sampler in the flesh/fabric. It with all the others will be displayed at Macclesfield Museum after Easter