Friday, March 02, 2007

Needle Felting sample

This is in response to Doreen who also posted a piece of needle felting she completed a while ago. Mine is a mixture of wool and silk fibres. A word of warning if you haven't yet tried silk fibres in needle felting by hand be very careful as I broke five needles the first time I attempted this technique. As silk is a very strong fibre you have to use them very sparingly and ensure that the needles are at 90 degrees to the fabric. I learnt to use wool as the base and then intermix silk along with the wool on the surface. The shiny more lilac sections are the silk fibres. I have started to machine embroider the piece but it is a WIP (work in progress) as many of my other LWOA (little works of art) are. It needs some more embellishment, hand embroidery and beads I think.
All I need to do now is to decide what to do with it, the current front runner is an evening bag.
Must go and complete my TAST sample for this week

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Margaret, I can't find an e-mail address for you, to answer your question can you e-mail me
carolmcfee@aol.com

Doreen G said...

Great sample Margaret I think it will look great as a bag.
Could you e-mail me as well my details are on my profile