Monday, January 14, 2008

TAST - cover for libary of stitches

Here is the piece of embellishing (Janome Xpression) that I have completed for the cover of my stitch library. It is on cotton velvet as I find this keeps its shape very well for larger pieces.
Click on photo for a larger view to appreciate the variety of texture.


I chose colours that were in the base colours of my TAST samples and added contrast colours of lilac and purple, organzas and lace for texture and blacks to hold it together.

The photo below shows lilac wool tops being embellished, they worked well as they allowed the base colours to show through. Left hand side is unembellished and the right is embellished.

After the embellishing I covered the whole piece with programmed stitch on my sewing machine, the area was too large for me to contemplate FME. Again the RHside shows the way the embroidery beds down the piece.


This will cover a cut down A4 lever arch file and now I need to go away and think about the best way to do that.

1 comment:

Barbara Cheeseman said...

I'm so glad you are feeling well enough again to stitch! This is a very interesting piece, looks like a lot of variety in the pieces laid on. I've been neglecting my embellisher lately!