Friday, February 22, 2008

North Yorkshire Coast & TIF latest February

These two photos were taken in the Vale of York yesterday on our way home from a three day break at Ravenscar, half way between Scarborough and Whitby. DH thought it time to take me away for some recouperation after the op so off we went and we had a brilliant time. Unlike these two photos we had superb weather, each day being still, sunny but fresh. So this winter wonderland was an added bonus.
This was the view from our room overlooking Robin Hoods Bay. Do you spot the golf course? While he was taking in 9 holes I was enjoying the sauna and swimming pool!

I did take the latest TIF with me but didn't do anything at all. That must be a first but the hotel was so relaxing I never had time!!

Stage 1 - six pieces of cotton in the colour scheme to represent a beach, the break in Yorkshire helped fire up images.
Stage 2 - I have started in the bottom left hand corner by attaching beads and stitching french knots. The batik style spots in the fabric are ideal for creating the appearance of sand and debris.

No comments: