Thursday, August 02, 2007

Sumptuous Surfaces Sea Urchins Finished

Spent all my free time over the past few days completing my sea urchin embroidery as part of the Sharon Boggon Sumptuous Surfaces class. Took longer than I anticipated but I think well worth it. I am particularly pleased with the recession and the way I managed to use a range of different stitches to capture the texture and surface of the urchins. I had never used drawn thread stitch in this random way before and will definately use it again.

Week four is about a new concept and design process so I'd better get started.

8 comments:

ACey said...

this came out very well. I really love your thread choices.

Micki said...

This turned out really lovely. What size is it?

Juli said...

This is amazing, it really gives me the sense of being at the beach and seeing the sea urchins. I feel like if I touched your urchins they would feel like the real things.

Julie Orange Rug Yarn Musings

Anja´s Wunschpunsch said...

Wow, what a wonderful work. I like all the different stitches in your work.

Emmy said...

it is beautiful

Jodi @ Happy House Quilts said...

lovely!!! Oh to get through the holidays and then i will play for me and make something as inspiring as you have done! Wonderful!

Amy a.k.a. dragonryder4 said...

Wow this is super pretty , I just love it !!

Ati said...

Beautiful result of the class. I am looking forward to see the purple/green growing :)